View Single Post
Old 03-18-05, 01:55 PM
CDR114

Bikes: Jamis Eclipse, Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
2002 Jamis Eclipse, 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
No

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Just starting back up again after a long absence, so I am 3-5 mph slower. I feel that some of this is due to conditioning, not age. However, I am about 5 to 8% slower in snow ski racing than when I was in my 20's (USSA points, which are self adjusting for technology and changes in technique, because in raw times I am now actually faster due to advances in ski technology). So part of this could be age!

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I was very active in touring, commuting and recreation riding in the 70's. I changed to running in the 80's and 90's due to my wife's interest in running. Now after knee surgery a couple of years ago, I am back to the bike. I think my wife will be joining me soon as she just had knee surgery late last year

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
3 to 4 times a week doing 12-18 mile conditioning rides and try to do long ride on the weekend, sometimes a tour, most of the time just solo. I would like to try a race if I can get my average speed up to 20+. Currently in the 16 to 18 range for 20 to 30 miles.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
See #5 for how often, my goal this year is 3,000 miles

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
Skiing and baseball

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??