Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28616 Post(s)
Liked 1,857 Times in 1,319 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
On the last longer ride I did there was a ~25mph descent on a road so rough I was legitimately concerned to be on 43 year old steel. The bike and I made it, but there are some really terrible roads here. I can deal with a rough road surface okay, it's the damn expansion cracks that produce a large jarring shock through the handlebars every 15 feet or so. There's one road in particular that has them for a good mile straight.
Hard pass.

There's a road I go on that was probably paved in the last five years, has barely visible cracks, just enough to cause a thump thump thump, like you might feel in a car on a concrete interstate, and even that annoys me.
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
It's clearly "a thing," and there are some interesting new data on how it and some related phenomena might work, but I don't know much about the practice, per se. Why are you asking?
I saw it in an overall dumb movie yesterday and got to thinking about it. Like, is there ongoing research on how it supposedly works?

Another question I have is the myth of the brain having a vast store of memories which you generally can't recall, but can be revived if the brain is properly stimulated. Is there anything to that?