Old 09-03-15, 10:34 AM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikewaters
I was on an aggressive group ride on Monday. A ride where the group leader talked to the group about not doing dumb things that get people hurt. Anyway, at the very end there was a small group of us that was behind the main fast group. Started to stretch to a single line, and it was me and a woman riding side by side with about 4 riders single file in front of us. We were inches apart. Didn't touch. I felt comfortable, but I'm not sure if she did. I'm certain she must be a racer to be on this ride. I could have moved more into the wind, but I just held my position. Didn't grab the wheel. She had "more" of the wheel than me. Maybe it's like that, I don't know. Maybe she's cussing me out after the ride, I don't know.

I feel like if I do the group rides that racers are doing then I am ready. If I'm doing the group rides that the old fat/fit guys are doing, I'm not ready. ANd I've started making the transition already from the latter to the former.

I AM going to do it. Because it's my goal.
sounds like you'll be fine. you may even have a mentor in your race that will tell your field to knock off any shenanigans should they occur.