View Single Post
Old 03-13-19, 09:19 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by maartendc
Ok thanks so much for the honest feedback guys! I had heard mainly good things about Bitex hubs before. I guess they are good for the money, but you get what you pay for.

Hmmm, I was looking at the Bitex and Novatec hubs mainly for their reduced weight.. they are about 150g lighter than the DT Swiss 350. The cost is not that significant only $100 more for the DT Swiss.

I guess the weight and cost savings are not worth it for the reduced durability and lackluster performance?

What about the spokes? They offer both Sapim CX Ray and Pillar Aero X-tra. About $40 between them, same weight. I am tempted to just go for the name brand of Sapim here. Any experience with the Pillar spokes?

Thanks!
If you are a heavier rider, or riding on bad roads/gravel, DT350 would be a better choice, but be sure to get the 36t or 54t ratchet upgrade.

I've built wheels with Pillar, DT Swiss, Sapim, and Wheelsmith spokes, and never had a problem. All make high quality spokes, but DT + Sapim think a lot of their products( #overpriced.).They cost more, but they have to pay for all that marketing somehow.

MAC / CN Spoke are pure trash. Never buy wheels from anyone that uses those.