Old 05-17-19, 04:28 PM
Juggy_Gales

Bikes: 2018 Giant Toughroad SLR2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Best Bike Multitool

There are so many choices out there. Some Great.. Some Adequate.. some suck.. And some that have tools you will never use.

Of course a Multi tool will never replace some good quality shop tools.. but when you are on a ride alone or with a group.. They can really
save your Butt.. Ive also had to help out friends that did not have one with me and had a chain failure or their grip wasn't tight and was sliding around making riding very annoying and potentially dangerous for him etc etc etc.. Many things.. That one quality multi-tool can come in handy
and at least make it so you can get home. I generally Just Carry One on me. But Sometimes I will Carry 2 diff types on me if I am going on a longer ride.
Below I will list a few that I personally use, what I think of them and whether I think their are better choices out there.

First is a cheap one
Wotow 16 in One For under $10 You get a lot. It was my first multitool and has saved me often. The fact that it comes with Tire levers was a nice bonus
The construction is solid enough.. and if you are on a very tight budget.. It's a good buy.. I did find there are many tools I really don't use when I am on the trails.. It does lack a couple things I would like

Second is
CrankBrosM17 which is a Very useful tool and most all of the tools on this thing are useful to you or someone you may be riding with.. It even has a Chain Tool to fix a broken or jammed link and though it's rated up to 10 speed chains many comments say it works on 11 speed chains as well. It has a torx 25 for your disc brakes if you run into an issue and a 8mm allen Key for pedals if your bike needs it that many multitools lack. And for just over $20 it's a an amazing Value.. Plus it is Built VERY well and comes in many diff colors to fit whatever style you want if you are into that sort of thing..
There is another one. CrankbrosM19 is on sale now for the same price as the M17 which has a couple extra tools Plus comes with a nice aluminum case. The M17 does not and I did not know this before buying the M17.. I love my tool.. But it's nice that the M19 gives you a few extra things.

The Leatherman Wingman while not a "Bike Tool" is a very useful tool and built well.. I have it.. What I don't get is.. When I bought it 4-5yrs ago it was about $30 and has now doubled in price to about $60.. so even though I like my tool.. If you were to want to pick up a multitool with
a set of Pliers.. I would spend a lil more and get the Leatherman Wave plus or $99 Which has more tools, better build quality, is a lil bigger in the hand so you can grip things a bit better and you can replace parts of it if they wear out plus you can get accessories. Im going to pick one up soon.

There are so many amazing Multitools out there that I haven't mentioned.

What are some that have served you well over the years? Which Bike Multitool do you feel is the "Best" ?

Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 07-17-19 at 11:43 PM.
Likes For Juggy_Gales: