Old 12-04-08, 09:35 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
If the corresponding changes don't cause comfort or other issues either then no. I find that the better the form I am in then the more I can move my position without negative effects. When my form (mostly core) is in poor shape then small changes cause big problems.
I actually played with some measurements and then moved it back to where it was.

Last year, my race bike had a BB:saddle of 79cm. I think I moved it up to 80cm (maybe 81, doubt this though) at one point and I was fine. I checked the BB:saddle of this and it's currently at 78. What's really throwing me off is that the saddle is pushed back as much as it can be on the seatpost. On my old frame (too small) the saddle was slammed all the way forward on a setback post, and the new frame has a zero setback post so it works out to be pretty comparable.

I do want to move my saddle 1cm forward at some point of time. Maybe I'll do this over winter break so I can ride the trainer with this setup through the winter.

Is there any particular calculation I can use to figure out how much to raise my saddle if I want to move forward 1 cm? I have a 56cm CAAD9 seattube angle is 73.5 degrees.

PS: Are those numbers starting to make sense?