Old 02-13-16, 02:51 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've built many Space Horses for the shop. Decent bikes,but really disappointed with the brakes. The Tektro R720's just don't mesh well with the STI's. Same brakes on LHT's and older CC's work fine with Tektro levers,and the STI's work well with Shimano's own canti's(which is how Volpes are specced) and Tektro's Oryx,but can never get the STI/R720 combo to work as well as I'd like(note,none of the other mechanics are able to significantly improve them either). I'd suggest the Volpe over the SH for the better brakes and front triple,but you said you liked the SH better.

Other than the brakes,the SH is a nice bike. Price is pretty much in line with comparable bikes from other brands. If it's what works for you,and won't cause financial problems,then I'd say go for it. Make sure you properly lock it,and maybe look into renter's/home owner's insurance that will cover it. This is something you'll use every day,not a toy,so it's worth it to spend on what will make you happy.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X