Old 10-12-17, 07:30 PM
miyata man

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK or okay. Did you know that is an Indian word? You are very correct about the origin and it being a mutt language. Much of what has come since loosely fits my cavalier description and continues to as it evolves.

There was a reason I mentioned Latin at the very end. Which is still very relevant in the highest spheres of education and was by dint of conquering forces the first (semi-)universal language. The English were the next world power and their language had similar effect. Much as the Spanish had a lasting impression on South America.

@gsteinb I am very well aware of the phantom page effect and server load that requires deletion of extensive and extensively modified threads from the accessible version of the site. Removing a literal reading of what I wrote. We are left with a canny joke about what a stinker of a name the first iteration of the 33's official off topic thread had and a move to cross your blade before you cut off a fairly interesting side discussion. I see how much action the music thread gets and can imagine why it came into being. If you really want me to stop driving this I will.