View Single Post
Old 07-15-19, 08:09 AM
rzsionak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Trailer Options for 2 Kids

I'm looking for options on how I can trailer or carry both my kids, ages 6 and 8, at the same time. Right now I can carry one and when my wife comes riding with us she can carry the other, though I'd prefer to carry both kids when we go together so our riding pace was more even. This wasn't as much an issue before as the younger child didn't care much about riding, but now he likes riding along a lot. The main issue is the younger child is special needs which limits what he can ride in, and the older child only recently learned to ride on his own and can't ride any great distance yet.

What I currently have:
Burley Piccolo - The older child typically uses this
Weehoo (Single) - I usually put the younger child in this as I don't have to worry about him falling out
Synapse - I use a lower end version for commuting and trailering one of the kids. I'm ok with trailering one vehicle, but wouldn't want to put too much weight on this setup.
Older Trek 7.3 FX Hybrid

Goals and needs:
- Keep the younger child in a seat that doesn't require him to hold on the whole time. Typical rides are 20-40 miles.
- Not invest too much in a setup that will be moot in a 2-3 years when the older child can get around better on his own
- Smaller gears for getting up the hills I live in. I'm not interested in an e-bike.