View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 07:56 PM
wthensler 

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
Well, my Trek Domane SL7 with discs and Di2 arrived yesterday, and I picked it up at the LBS. Today was a 32 mile inaugural ride in the mountains. I’m running 32mm tubeless, so I was eager to see how it did ‘under pressure’, as the hills, steep grades, wicked descents, and rough tarmac are a real test of a bike’s character, especially with speed.

The bike exceeded my high expectations, in a nutshell. Very smooth, very stable, and surprisingly a very good climber😊. Trek really got this frame geometry right with the high stack, low BB, and long wheelbase for stability and comfort. I was originally going to take this bike to FL as a replacement of my old Domane (which needs a new groupset - long story), and keep the Bianchi in VA. Now I’m not so sure.

I think this latest Domane will end up being the pinnacle of my road bike purchases, but who knows..........

I don’t post a lot in this section, but I’m averaging about 700 miles per month, so lots of bike time for social distancing. I’m sure like many here, it’s been a great way to maintain my sanity.