View Single Post
Old 06-07-18, 01:29 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
For me the why of vintage bicycles is pretty simple - they look good, are fun to find, fun to restore, fun to ride and even fun to find new homes for. If I seek top notch ride quality, I go new, not vintage but new does not blow my kilt up at all, so vintage it is for me. By vintage I mean early seventies or earlier.

Though I have ridden my cottage loop many many times, each loop has always been different. Different time lapsed. Different things viewed. Different thoughts. Different bicycle issues, good or bad. Different weather conditions. And different things to do as soon as my ride time is over for the day. Yup, followed the same route a hundred+ times but never did the same ride twice.

As for computers, I bought one just last summer, planning to fit it to my Cyclops to try out, then off to Jamaica with me for my winter rides. Mounted it on the Cyclops and it works great. Took it to Jamaica and it is still sitting in the box. Guess they are not important to me anymore as I don't care how far or how fast I go. But I honestly do like to be able to press a button to see what time it is...