Old 09-24-18, 09:07 AM
McMitchell

Bikes: Focus Mares CX, Rocky Moutain Sherpa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by pbass
I have some issues as a result of body imbalances that seem to be exacerbated by riding in a more aggressive position. This photo makes it look a bit more upright than it really is for some reason, but yeah, it's way more comfortable right outta the gate than my Cross Check is, which I have been fiddling with for a year to get comfortable on(very different geo than this Kona). And, part of the problem is I'm aways a bit in between sizes, and I've decided my CC is a bit big for me. With this new Rove I finally sized down for a change and I'm certain it's gonna be better as a result, especially considering the more relaxed geometry.
Interesting Pbass,

I am around 5’ 8-9” in 5/10 biking shoes. My inseam is short at around 30-31”. My 5’3” wife fits the same frames, which is convenient. I have to be careful dismounting the Small Focus frame. Our MTN bikes are mediums, which we all know means nothing, regarding frame sizing. The first guy who fit me said I needed a 52-54 frame, which I guess puts me between frame sizes too.

I got in the habit of riding my MTN bike, with 27.5+ tires, on our gravel roads simply because it was more comfortable and geared better for the steep hills here in North, GA. I finally decided to outfit the Focus bike more like the MTN bike, so I could ride the lighter bike on our paved/gravel roads. The MTN bike was over kill on the tight steep roads.

Last edited by McMitchell; 09-24-18 at 10:05 AM.