View Single Post
Old 10-19-18, 04:26 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by velojym
As of this morning, though it's not my official weekly weigh-in, I've reached a mile marker of sorts. This marks my first up-tick in weight since I started.
Yesterday morning I weighed in at 338.4.
This morning I'm at 339.

I know that weighing daily will show some variation over time, up and down, but it's still kind of a downer to see a higher number on that scale. I do know that it isn't a setback, though.
I think it just means that I've taken care of all the extra 'baggage', and I've actually merged on to the bike path, and I'm going to see my real "me" progress from here on out.
Daily weigh ins can be good and bad. Bad for the ego like you have experienced, but they’re also a good learning experience. Use the ups and downs and think about what you’ve eaten the day and night before. You’ll get an idea of how certain foods and drink will affect your weigh ins day to day. These days I still weigh in daily but I record weekly. Monday morning for me is the most repeatable.

Originally Posted by KraneXL
It nice but you have to do this for yourself. At one point I managed to get my whole family into living a healthier life. Thing is, they all dropped out and went back to their old unhealthy way of living.

The point being, don't let what they do affect you. YOU have to be the vanguard, and remain diligent at what you started no matter what. This has to be for you, no one else.
This ^^^ In the end, your life is about you, in every aspect. It’s nice to have others along for the ride, but in the end it’s a solo effort and it’s you that should be fulfilled and happy about the choices that you make