Old 12-06-18, 08:25 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyravr
Nope. My issue is with sweat more than anything. My hands sweat more when I am cold than they do when I am hot. We all know sweat kills in winter conditions and for me there is simply no way around it. I will throw in heat packs next time and see if that helps to "dry" things up a bit in there. Still better than riding without the bar mitts.
the other thing that caught my eye is that your hands got cold by the end of the ride. last night I rode in 26F degrees for a cpl hrs & I use bar mitts. I have the PI lobster claws but tried their fingered gloves last night. at the halfway point I changed up a cpl things, one of which was going to a lighter glove, wind stopper, non cycling specific. I also changed my head gear. after 1/3 of the way back I changed my head gear to the warmer stuff again, but I kept the lighter gloves on. my hands don't get colder on rides unless there is something wrong with the setup. I've used the PI lobsters with barmitts in extreme conditions & that's a good combo. I wonder if using a lighter glove wold be better so that your hands don't get sweaty, or change them out like I did when yours start to get sweaty. someone on some thread recently was looking for a thermal glove that was padded for cycling. I just realized these are: Pearl Izumi - Ride Men's Elite Softshell Glove

these were more than I needed with the barmitts last night (& the lobster claws would have been an even bigger overkill)