Old 03-21-19, 11:28 AM
gattm99
Rouleur

Bikes: ROAD MOUNTAIN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not a frequent bike forums user but this June Tour is taking shape. We just started an email chain to discuss the trip. If anyone is interested my email is mattgholson at gmail.com I'll add you to the thread. Here's what we have so far.

The plan so far is leave from Chicago, head up Michigan, take a ferry across the lake to Wisconsin and head down Wisconsin back to Chicago. I know very generic. I'm buying a book that will detail the best route as far as lowest traffic/good condition gravel roads/along the lakefront etc. It contains places to stop for food etc and places to camp along with what facilities the campgrounds have to offer. The dates I have available are June 1st to the 10th. According to Matt's inquiry this is a good time for low to no bugs. We would drive to my parents. Spend the night and leave early the next morning. 6 am? 6 days of riding, 80 miles a day? 3 days in each state? The book will help with all the actual planning. I'm just making this other stuff up for now. It will be entirely self supported because our car or cars will be at my parents house. I for see this as being an incredible trip. I'll email the isbn for the book tomorrow. It can be purchased from Amazon for 25 dollars or so. I'm thinking 6 days of riding and 2 days of driving. Getting to Chicago and getting home. Michigan is pretty flat so we have that going for us. Hence the longer mileage each day and the fact we have the whole day each day to ride.