View Single Post
Old 04-11-19, 08:11 AM
Radish_legs

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 33 Posts
Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Gives me things to think about.

Here's footage from the A race that happened immediately after (this time with front view). I started in the back, big gap opened up at the end of the first lap, and then it was curtains for me being in the lead group. We eventually formed a substantial groupetto. We had a "field prime" (because we were officially the field), but might be called a "pity prime". I wont that, action starts at 36:55. I was third wheel, with 2 teammates in front of me. I knew that the guy who attacked would be the guy to go for it, was able to get on his wheel pretty quick. After the race he told me he didn't know I was on his wheel, and that was why I won. And that he had done a lot of work in the break, and I hadn't. And that he can go really hard from really early and go a lot faster than he did. He was cracking me up. Nice guy. But w/o being too cocky, I'm pretty sure I could beat him 10/10 times in a sprint. The end of the race is interesting. Bret Crosby attacks with about 2/3rd lap to go. For a long time he has been a dominant force in the local crit scene, but now father time is catching up. My teammate, a young Cat 3, gets on his wheel immediatley. And then my other teammate (cat 2) who is on the front, slows up, allows a big gap to open. Crosby fades with 1/3rd lap to go. There is one rider up the road. My teammate passes Crosby, but doesn't quite reach the guy up the road. And gets 2nd. A huge result for him, given that last year this time he was a Cat 4.

Last edited by Radish_legs; 04-11-19 at 08:17 AM.