View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 09:46 PM
Radish_legs

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
There are guys on my team who are known for chasing teammates just for the hell of it every once in a while. I asked teammates about it after a particularly egregious example. I was told he had been on the team for a long time, and that's just how he is. He's going to do his race, and do his plan and intervals however he feels. I'm a cat 3, and effective teamwork in the crits I do is almost nonexistent. I've done more work for teammates, or tried to, than anyone has ever done for me. But I enjoy being on a team, because I can win in multiple ways on a team if I take satisfaction in helping the team. I'm at a point where I don't really have aspirations for myself. I don't ever intend to cat up to 2. It's just for fun.

In fact I just took 2nd in the B crit (3/4) tonight, and I barely care. I'm glad for it. But it was just being one of the stronger guys in the field and the race came to me, everything went right (except not winning). I'll get a few FB congrats, a couple of strava comments, and life goes to the next crit on the next day or next week.