Old 05-08-19, 12:32 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Looks like a really nice set up. Don't know what traffic is like on your roads, but the ones around here aren't conducive to bike travel (for me). Except for an occasional errand, my rides are off road.
I ride the roads during the day sometimes when I get the chance but I work a night job so when I come home at night it is usually after midnight. During the day I've never ridden my area during peak traffic hours. When I come home from work late at night there is not much traffic on the roads. Sometimes I'll ride for miles and not see a vehicle.

I love riding off road when MTB'n. This is why I am now considering converting my MTB to an ebike using a conversion kit. I'd love to just buy a new e-MTB but to get what I want would cost over $3K. Right now I don't have that kind of money to just drop on something like that. Besides, where I live we seem to get lots of rain as of late. Last year we had so much rain that I think I only had the chance to ride my MTB less than a dozen times. Pretty sure we set some kind of record for rain fall last year in Maryland and I have the sneaking suspicion that we might get the same thing happen this year. Hard to justify spending the big bucks if you really can't ride what you just bought because of bad weather. When I MTB I like the trails to at least be fairly dry. I hate dealing with mud and having to clean off a bike after too muddy a ride.

I'm seeing conversion kits ( mid-motor and battery, the type I want ) that might cost me $800 ( USD ) . That includes paying for professional installation. I might actually be willing to do that but if I do it won't be till late summer. I really do hope though that we here in Maryland don't get the same rain fall tallies we had last year. Last year was the worst year for rain in Maryland that I can remember.