View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 03:36 PM
BKE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
Being loyal to working out is easy everything else I have no discipline whatsoever I plotted 10 weeks on a notebook where I eat a better diet and live a healthier lifestyle and see what happens in 10 weeks. I know I will feel better. No booze, junk food, diet Dr. Pepper and energy drinks like NOS and Monster. At 50+ I feel everything that is bad and recovering properly is more important now. So if an extra recovery day is needed I will take it. Recovery days need to be recovering days Anyway I’m on a 10 week experiment to see what happens positively.
Looking forward to you telling us how it works out for you. I'm especially interested in what you'll say about dropping the different energy drinks/products you use regularly. I say this because I can honestly say that since they all came on the scene I have never tried any, not a single one. But, all the young guys (mid/late 30's all of them) I worked with until just recently retiring downed any and all in copious amounts. If energy was on the label they were all in (NOS, monster,5 hr. energy, energy stuff in a tube from Costco??, super caffeine shots, etc.). Good luck!

PS: if you do start to struggle along the way I recommend you get something hops based (usually found in a brown bottle) and a popular Italian product consisting of dough, gravy, cheese and pepperoni. This on a recovery day should help.
Likes For BKE: