View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 08:23 AM
Esthetic

Bikes: 2019 Felt FR2 Etap Disc*2017 Wilier Cento10Air Ramato Etap*2020 Trek Domane SL6**2018 Trek ProCaliber 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Shallow. Boyd 28 clinchers.

They would replace H+Son Archetypes.

The bike has an Enve flat top aero bar if only for comfort and looks, and I supposed the Enve 2.0 fork is aero enough but tubes are round and the bike isn't designed with aero in mind. Increasing aerodynamics would not be a benefit. All the benefit would be weight. I'm not a particularly powerful rider.

If anyone knows of a lighter/cheaper rim brake carbon clincher then I'm all ears.

-Tim-
I'll just say i absolutely LOVE Boyd wheels. Both a fan of the Altamonts and 44's.

If you wanted to save money the Altamont Ceramics are the finest aluminum clinchers i've ever had with fantastic braking and feels with the Swisstop BXP Blue pads.. I bought a lightly used second hand custom built with I9 Torch hubs for about $880, that most likely cost the OG owner close to what you are paying due to the hub cost.

The set was about 1470g and ran them tubeless. I love their balance of strength and width for a box rim and knowing despite it being light it is also a strong wheel suitable for CX. I'm a 190lb rider.

I'll leave a few pron pics of them.