View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 03:36 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
One could argue that once the heavier rotational wheel gets up to speed, it will roll farther down the road than the wheel with less rotational mass. Cue the engineers, scientists, etc. so they can argue about it until the thread gets closed. What you did not include in your opening statement is what type of fashionable kit you will be wearing when you ride down the road on those $1270 1/2lb weight saving wheels. You're slipping.
I didn't mean to upset you and hope I didn't. That wasn't my intent.

My focus is on rotational weight at the rim. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

Originally Posted by kingston
Since you've already reached the point of extreme diminishing marginal returns, you're going to have to spend a lot to get a little. I would do it if having a light bike was important to me, but my wabi wheels are good enough for my FGJRA.
This is exactly on point and all the math keeps coming up short. The conclusion I keep coming up with is that the return isn't worth the investment.

I have the Wabi Sub-15's on my Bianchi. I should slap them on the Rodriguez and see how it rides.

Originally Posted by smashndash
can you post a tutorial on this? What should I google?

i saw a friend do this once (cat 3) and I thought it was the most pro thing ever. Even more than a 40mph sprint.

A bike forums classic...

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...ll-me-how.html

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 06-12-19 at 03:41 PM.