Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by mysta02
Hi all,

I'm fairly new here and to cycling in general. I currently use one of those cheap 9-LED flashlights mounted to my handlebars via and elastic band to light my way home from work.... I'm looking to upgrade and I'm not sure what to get. I bought a couple of MEC 1-Watt lights that I'm going to mount to the forks or to the handlebars, but I want BRIGHT. I considered a Petzl Tikka XP 2 Core headlamp mounted to the bike, but never seen one in action. Nite Ize also sells a front lamp for about $45 and it's quite bright.

What are people using these days? I want bright and I want it decently priced - maybe about $100. Less is ok, but not much over $100. I'm not made of money, but where my safety is concerned, I don't mind shelling out SOME cash.

Thanks for any info you can throw my way
Mysta02
I haven't used it yet (still injured) but my Light and Motion 360 is around $100 on Amazon and it throws out a LOT of light in a focused beam. My wife is loving her's, though she complains it looks dorky (helmet mounted). It also has amber side lights and a blinking rear. I bought mine @ REI for a bit more because I like their warranty policy and because I like supporting REI.