Old 12-04-19, 10:18 AM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
And as for the home model ... yeah, no one is suggesting that poor people are the target market.
Several people got offended by the fact that she had it placed in a very luxurious home, saying that Peloton seemed to be marketing to the very rich and suggesting that the average person would not be able to afford one. Now look at the Chevrolet commercial where a guy buys himself a very expensive pickup truck and buys his wife a top of the line SUV that's parked in front of a multi-million dollar home. No one seems to be offended by that. Maybe it's because the wife liked the pickup more than the SUV and decided that she was going to get it and leave the SUV for her husband.

Originally Posted by Maelochs
..... if commercials really mattered .... honest people would be dramatically offended by Every commercial., because every commercial is based on lies and distortions. Buying a Subaru or Toyota won't make your family less dysfunctional. No specific laundry detergent will make your clothes cleaner. No product of any sort can guarantee happiness. No soft drink, body wash, body spray .... none of that will get you laid.

All Commercials Are Lies. .....
Lies and distortions? You mean like a commercial with a 20 something model telling everyone how wonderful the wrinkle cream she uses works on removing all her facial wrinkles? If I was a woman, I would seriously be offended by that type of BS marketing.

In my opinion ... it's just a commercial - get over it!

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
Likes For John_V: