Old 08-19-19, 04:03 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Yes, trainers can be a good "anytime" option when the weather is a problem, and maybe you're different, but I would certainly miss something by reducing outdoor cycling time ... I'd miss the outdoors.

It starts to drive me crazy if I don't get out in nature and sunshine. I've got to get out there and walk at least just about every day of the week.

And that's not a Zwift screen I'm familiar with!
I certainly agree that getting outside is important, and there are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors. I'll enjoy kayaking, sailing, cycling and skiing in a balanced active lifestyle. I can enjoy all these activities in less than 15 minutes from home, weather permitting. I'll just spend more time training indoors and my outdoor cycling will be more quality oriented than quantity oriented. ...and Zwift isn't the only training platform for virtual cyclist available, I’m using Rouvy.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 08-19-19 at 04:05 PM.