Old 05-02-20, 03:25 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,391 Times in 2,092 Posts
Fenders and handlebars have arrived. The handlebar shims haven't, but I couldn't resist mocking it up.

It takes a North Road to look right. I'm hoping the shorter 3-speed lever still works well with my penchant for index-finger shifting. If it doesn't, I'll replace it with an early 1950's Sturmey shifter - the kind with the longer trigger arm.

Rear fender is roughed in - I don't have the bolt or spring necessary for the chainstay bridge yet. Also considering using a Velo-Orange external-wrap rear fender stay in the back, as the stays and fixing nut fit extremely close to the tire.

The rear fender was modified to use the now-defunct front fender bracket. The rivets don't look that great, but the brake should hide them fairly well.

They're not set up yet, but the Tektro centerpulls look pretty sharp. I realized that the cable stop on the headset stack won't work with the suspension fork, but the mount on the upper half of the fork has the same problem.

Given that the adapters aren't 100% immune from shifting a few MM's, the only doable solution looks to be a V-brake or cantilever stiffener/booster with a center bolt to mount a raised cable stop.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 05-02-20 at 03:30 PM.
Likes For cudak888: