Old 06-15-20, 10:40 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by MattTheHat
I pass a guy on a very nice electric mountain bike from time to time, always from the opposite direction. But I had an e-bike pass me traveling in the same direction for the first time today. And it was on...wait for it...a multi use trail!

The rider kept a respectful distance between us and passed only slightly faster than I was riding. The world did not come to an end as I was led here on BF to believe it would. I felt no angst. This was right at the bottom of a fairly short uphill section that I don't really enjoy climbing. I'll admit to feeling just a little bit of envy as I watched the e-bike rider switchback up the hill and disappear over the top without moving his legs. I'd prefer to pedal but the idea of having an extra 50% power output would be really fun.

I'll be in the market for a grand baby trailer soon...a little extra umpf would be nice for towing. I find myself on the interwebs looking at electric road bikes from time to time. I'm pretty sure one will follow me home from the bike store one day.
Same.... One day. not today, but...One day