Old 01-26-21, 08:15 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
As much as I advocate for people serious about the sport hiring coaches, in this case, you probably won't be able to stick to the most basic program assigned to you. Every program that I paid for took about 15-20 hrs of my week (including travel time, setup/breakdown, etc...). And, believe it or not, most basic to intermediate coaching programs are copy-paste for the coach to assign. It's nothing special. And being that your situation provides less time for training than a normal aspiring elite or master, you'll not be able to follow the 5 or 6 days-a-week program to the letter.
This is something I take issue with, though I am deviating off topic a bit. Any good coach should adjust the training regimen around the individual's other life demands. If you are not getting a plan tailored to your needs and designed around your schedule, stop working with that coach and find a different one.

In fact, I would think given your new life demands, a coach would be an ideal solution to help you maximize your training given your limited schedule. (This assumes you have a definable schedule or the ability to commit x hours on y days per week, which you may not yet be able to do.)
Likes For topflightpro: