Old 07-22-19, 08:41 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 878 Posts
I'll buy an E-road bike, no doubt in my mind. It's hilly where I live so that means I can only ride three days a week and get proper recovery. However, I can't see myself taking it to one of the group rides I frequent. For me and the folks I ride with the whole idea is to beat on each other to get fitter, an e-bike isn't going to help do that. But, by myself on a recovery day or a commute where I don't want to arrive drenched in sweat or tapped out, absolutely.

All of that said, I won't pay more than 6K; it'll have to be a mid drive that has no resistance when the motor isn't engaged (but for the weight). I see this as something that will become a big part of bicycle sales overall and if it gets someone out there, all the better. Right now we have thousands of men and women that have injuries from serving our country that preclude them from cycling on an "analog" bike. An e-bike could provide them a chance to cycle again or start for the first time. Especially for that reason, I say bring the technology on.

Last edited by nomadmax; 07-23-19 at 03:18 AM.
Likes For nomadmax: