View Single Post
Old 12-01-15, 06:10 AM
SlinkyWizard

Bikes: 2016 Trek DS 8.5, Giant Fastroad Comax 1 2018

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Due to lack of selection of hybrid bikes here in Korea, ( at least the ones I see on international websites and want, and are unavailable here ) , my wife wanted a bike that
a) is step through, and
b) one that she can cruise around on, so the local Specialized store had the low entry Roll Elite. After the missus had a test ride on one, she was sold.

Her old bike was a Lespo mountain bike, ( the local brand here ) solid as, built tough, heavy, never a problem, but it wasn't a step through, so she felt it uncomfortable coming to stops at crossings. Getting off and getting on was slightly difficult for her,

but the Roll Elite, we bought the bike at the bike store, she rode it home, she is really liking the bike. She has no problems coming to a stop and ( getting off? although it's not quite getting off, it's um, balancing the bike, getting ready to take off? is there terminology here for what I am describing? ) starting off again. We are going to take it for a full on spin this weekend, the bike is light compared to the Lespo, brakes are sensitive and smooth, compared to the Lespo, and she really likes the handle bars, the angle and the height, she can bend her arms a bit, and her hands sit nicely on the handlebars, she can also lean back a bit, which she likes.

Looking at the bike, to me, it's a good looking bike!

Happy wife, happy life