View Single Post
Old 09-21-20, 12:09 PM
brasio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by djb
brasio, if you have always had a suspension fork and find even city riding too uncomfortable with a rigid fork, it may end up that this is a problem. Realize that sometimes too high tire pressures will make a bicycle uncomfortable and keeping an eye on pressures and trying out different pressures to feel the difference is important.
Some riders never think or care about checking tire pressures, and it requires both an interest and a pressure gauge that works.
just know that often just a bit less pressure in the front tire will result in a less harsh ride and easier on your hands. I live in an extremely potholey city and too high pressure in the front tire, no matter which bike and tire width I'm using, can and will result in a harsh ride.

Another big factor in hand comfort is both handlebar shape and position, as well as better grips that are shaped better for reducing hand pressure, like Ergon grips.

good luck in your quest.
which country by the way?
Thanks djb, I will check. I use to inflate the tires at half in the pressure range allowed and I'm just 65 kg. Maybe aluminium frame of my cargo bike was too rigid too and it was better a suspension fork in that case.
I live in Italy.