Old 01-08-16, 10:43 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by cDiff Notorious
710sl
Originally Posted by SCK
KMC-710SL, this one's gold. I want to get another for my Bianchi.
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
i have the 810 on the ecr and the **** that i have put that thing through. i feel like the only way it will break is by completely wearing through the plates in about 20,000 miles
Thanks. Hope you guys don't mind me pestering...

Do you guys feel that the Titanium Nitride coating on the gold chain is worth it? Does it do anything for longevity or impact the need to clean or maintain it? Does the coating wear off with use? Has anyone run both the gold and silver who could comment on whether the Ti Ni gold is quieter than the nickel plated silver model? Or - be honest now - do most get the gold primarily for looks?

I heard that some high end chains are tough to the point of breaking cheap chain tools. Is this the case with the 710?

Anyone run the KMC X101? How does the 710 compare? The idea of a chain with bushings appeals to me. But $50 for a chain!

The reason I ask is because I'm fixin' to get ready to replace the stock cranks/ring/cog/chain that came on my bike. The build will be complete after that. Not sure how I feel about the look of the gold chain with the rest of the bike being silver but if it is that much better for a few dollars more then it makes sense.

Last edited by TimothyH; 01-08-16 at 10:50 PM.