View Single Post
Old 08-01-20, 07:35 AM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
I'm not sure in my area. I'm not the type to pay a lot of attention to other people so I can't recall if there are more out than last year. I feel like I have seen a few more walkers, but I also feel like that has dropped off a bit in the last month or two. At first it was interesting to see that people out walking were often talking on the phone if they were alone, as if they really just couldn't stand to be alone with themself. That has dropped off too (or maybe I'm just seeing fewer people alone as opposed to people walking their dogs or kids).

I admit I'm kind of waiting for the accessories for all of these hobbies people took up during COVID to hit Craigslist once this is all over. Just not sure yet when it will be. (Honestly, even with the best intentions, when people get back to the rat race, they are, once again, not going to have time for this stuff. Even I've had more time to devote to my existing hobbies right now when I don't have to make the 30-60 minute commute to/from the office twice a day and spend a ton of time at the gym in the evening, and also haven't been able to participate in a couple "outside" activities, but once things get back to normal, that extra time will be going away too. I would love to have more hours in the day, but unfortunately, no dead rich uncles have come out of my woodwork yet so I still have to spend most of my waking hours at work.)

I'm sure it's a seller's market for secondhand bikes right now, and when I keep hearing about the biking craze and that people are snapping up bikes and bike stuff like crazy, I admit I'm a little wary of any cheap bike on Craigslist that lasts more than a day or two... (plus, there seem to be a fair number of flippers in my area and if even they don't want it, it makes me wonder.) But, I also admit I don't know much about how the bike market works around here, so maybe there isn't as much of a market for used bikes around here as I think.