Old 08-09-20, 10:45 AM
Migil

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saddle/seat problems - female, new to riding

Hello,

I am very new to cycling as an adult. My husband got a new hybrid bike (because he regularly cycles) and I am using his “old” bike which was given to him by his mother a few years back. It’s a hybrid Cannondale - I don’t know many more details.

He never changed the saddle on it. But I’m not sure if there is something wrong with me... but i cannot go more than 30 minutes with out a lot of pain. He told me I was sitting on the seat incorrectly so I was googling more information how how to sit correctly and I am feeling very defeated. I want to enjoy this hobby with my husband, but I do not want to drop hundreds on the recommended saddles I am seeing online and have it not help me.

Is this a saddle problem or an anatomy problem? I’m having a lot of trouble finding outwardly open women’s resources about this issue. Any advice or links to more information would be very helpful!

PS: I did go to a local bike shop but the 2 men working did not seem comfortable with my questions or were not able to answer me... so that has also been very defeating. I also did purchase padded cycling leggings and they only added about 10 minutes to my ride time without pain