Old 07-28-14, 06:53 PM
Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I think I'm definitely between sizes. Unfortunately, I think I'm leaning towards the bigger one. For one, I don't think I can handle a steep saddle to bar drop. I can barely ride in the drops as it is. Though it could be some other issue causing that. I researched the steeper seat tube angle and that's gonna cause the need for me to push my saddle back further. I already slam it back all the way on the current setup for leg fit (part of the reason why I have a short stem probably), and I would probably need a setback post. But I can't find one that goes with that Noah frame since it's a proprietary aero post. It also looks like I'd need to get a +6 110mm or 120mm stem, but I'd have to put at least 15mm spacers underneath it. I think it's gonna end up looking funny.

If I go with the larger frame, I should be able to have the saddle in the middle or towards the back of the rail, well within spec. I then should be able to get a -17 stem to make up for the taller head tube and it'll put me 2mm short on reach, but 2mm lower than my current bike, which is pretty close. I'm thinking this is gonna be the way to go. Just hope to the steeper head tube handle (73.5) on this bike won't make the steering even more twitchy with the 90mm stem.