Old 06-19-20, 02:54 PM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingFool95
I've been running Gatorskins on most of my wheelsets but have Diamante Pros on a set of Neutrons and Conti GP4000S IIs on another set of wheels. I typically run 23s at around 100-110 psi, and not planning on changing that.

I'm looking to pick up a set or two of GP5000s or similar. The big question is, based on looking on reviews/test/forums, is there any reason to even consider anything but the 5000s? Especially since the GP5000s are no more expensive and generally even a little cheaper. Pirellis seem to have slightly better cut resistance but dont roll quite as well. Comparable Vittorias are light but dont wear at all well, and seem to cut easily (not that I've had any issue with mine). etc... Anyone have any thoughts?
I have been running the GP5000’s since they came out. Usual paved roads (great sections at times but a lot are typical DOT crap with pot holes and uneven rough areas). No issues yet but never rule it out. Fast? Yep. Tacky to the road? Yep. Low rolling resistance? Not sure as I am not a tire engineer, but they feel as good as any Conti I have run in the past.

Flats I do believe for a majority of the time are results of your roads and not a majority of the time tire failure or faulty tires might I say. I understand you have to pick a tire best suited for your riding area also. I guess I don’t have the best roads but certainly not the worst either.

Do I recommend the GP5000’s? Sure do. YMMV however and usually does from rider to rider.