Old 09-13-20, 01:10 PM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by xroadcharlie
Personally I like the blue color. What's so great about black. I have a black Giant Sedona now. Next time I'm definitely getting one with more character. Black is boring IMO.

That said, And you really like the color of the 2020 better, I would look carefully at exactly what has been changed. I like the new head tube and wider tires as well as the color. But if the 2020 checks all the right boxes, It might be good for you too. I much prefer a comfortable ride, so I would look carefully at what has been done to improve it.

The 10% discount wouldn't effect my choice for a bicycle. On a washer or vacuum cleaner OK, But not something I have a passion for.
Price isn't what's going to influence my decision, but it's always nice to shave off a few hundred bucks out of a significant expense like a bike. My other option was to go with a Pro 1 2021 (Matte Black) and upgrade it with DI2, but it would run a little more. Not sure if the redesigned head tube & wider tires is worth not getting the color I like or paying a little more and that's why I was asking member's opinion. I don't find the blue one ugly, it's just not my preference. Black has always been my color Plus, the 2020 TCR can run some of the 28mm tires out there with no rubbing.