Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,621 Times in 2,124 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
That's cold blooded.

A friend used to race road bikes here and got to cat2, I think. He could make the sound of a tire blowing out and it was incredibly realistic. He would sneak up to someone and make the sound and when they looked to check he would take off. He did this on club rides and it was convincing.

He sometimes would grab the back of a riders' shorts and hook it over the saddle. Nasty.

On a club ride one of the women was dueling with a guy we didn't know up this 3 mile climb and he got ahead of her near the top. Prankster guy comes along and pushes her up to 20 mph, or so. and slams on his brakes just as she passes the guy she was racing.
Back in my racing days, I would deliberately put the rear mech into clatter mode or make the front derailleur cage rub while climbing just to piss off guys riding near. Also, I'd pick out a guy who was really huffing and puffing and start asking him every day questions. It's amazing how many guys would actually start answering why trying to breathe.

I still take a foot out while cornering occasionally and drag the cleat on the ground to make a scraping sound. Scares the **** out of newbies.

Likes For Trsnrtr: