View Single Post
Old 06-22-14, 10:15 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnslow2
Cyclist... he said she just turned without warning as he was coming up at 22mph.

Most weekend riders have no idea about common courtesy and think they're the only ones on the path.

I personally think the roads are safer.
My first thought was "22 mph", sounds like the euro-pro wannabe getting his hammer time in, at a really bad location and time of day. Sunday on the most popular bike path in the area ?. Dumb.

But while that's somewhat true, had he been doing 14 he still might have had a collision as there's not much you can do when somebody does a stupid u-turn.

That happened to us 3 weeks ago - twice, ones when a guys hat blows off, so he slams on the brakes and hangs a left. We all missed but Mr. Lost Hat ended up in the bushes with a collapsed ego.

I stay the heck off the bike paths when I can. You are far more likely (10 times I read once) to have an accident on a MUP, then on the roads. You are far more likely to get killed on the road though....