View Single Post
Old 01-18-19, 08:36 AM
fishboy316

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Cannondale AL1 Lefty MTB, Trek X01, Trek Farley 7,1951 Raleigh Sport, 57&60 Raleigh Tourist, 70 Raleigh Super Course, 80's Soma Prestiege,72 Raleigh Grand Sports, 85 Club Fuji, 76 Raleigh Competition, 85 Panasonic,70's Peugot u08. & more

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
Congratulations on the Pro. I'm sure pleased with my '76. I cannot tell just where that TT dent is but I've seen several old bikes that suffer from that common malady BITD. As the fashion, in days of yore, was to angle the ramps well down, hoods well down and the rider well stretched out over the front wheel, the drops ended up either parallel to the ground or up a bit. For a tall rider with the stem well up, that all meant that the ends of the bars we're right in line with the TT. It was inevitable that the owner would, sooner than later, pick up the bike wrong and the front wheel wound swing around, along with the HBs and, "ding", the bar end would wack the TT. I have that same ding on my Pro and on another bike.

If if only the bike builders had paid attention to detail. Slaves to the fashion of the times.
The dent is about 5" from the seat tube on the right side top.

As Big Chainring said she is 49 years old! Had not looked at it that way really. I am totally pleased with it!