Old 03-21-20, 02:55 PM
Pavol Stromcek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ztmlgr
I rode Skyline on Tuesday and EBRPD had barricaded the entrances to both Huckleberry and Sibley. I also heard the EBRPD cops were giving out tickets. Somebody at EBRPD overreacted big time. They removed the barricades by the next day (Wednesday). Only facilities and meeting rooms were supposed to have been closed. A lot of people were pissed.

Sibley on Tuesday after EBRPD knee-jerk reaction to shelter in place order.

Oh wow, that's nuts! I forgot to mention that on the ride I took Wednesday afternoon, Lake Temescal was closed. The gates were shut and locked. I ride through that park to get to Tunnel Road, and on Wednesday, I went through it anyway. I saw no EBRPD presence there, fortunately. I did see some guy walking his dog on that pedestrian/bike path that runs through it, though, so I wasn't the only person not deterred by the closed gates.

Somewhat strangely, on a ride I took yesterday (Friday) morning, I felt like I was actually seeing more cars than usual in the hills and on the back roads, especially along the length of Pinehurst and on parts of Skyline, whereas the more urban areas down the hill (Glenview, Montclair) were practically deserted. And given that the Sibley and Huckleberry parking lots were full that morning, it seems that maybe a lot of people must be hitting the trails.

Last edited by Pavol Stromcek; 03-21-20 at 03:02 PM.