View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 09:14 AM
TassR700

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Gary Fisher Tassajara; Motobecane Boris Fatbike; Cannondale Habit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
On January 23rd I was admitted to the hospital with A Fib that happened on my ride. Thankfully, I only got two miles out when it hit the fan. Luckily the way back was flat to downhill. After 18 hours in the hospital, I converted naturally to a regular rhythm and was discharged in the afternoon.
I'm on a blood thinner and beta blocker and am wearing a monitor until Feb 11. I have a stress test on 2/17 and a follow up with the cardiologist to go over the monitor and stress test results on 3/17. The stress test is chemical (Speed or similar)and they will be looking at my heart as it happens.
The good thing is I am considered a low risk but am looking forward to the results so I know what lies ahead for me and what changes and limits I'll have.
I've been processing this for a week+ and haven't posted until i had my follow up yesterday and got some more information. I left the hospital pretty much in the dark which is bizarre. It's not like I was the first person to be diagnosed. Something like "you've been diagnosed with A Fib here are the 10 things you need to know" Alas, no dice.
In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I've got to say about that."
Glad you are out of the hospital an reverted without intervention. I have had a lot of personal experience with Afib, 5 or six cardioversions, 2 ablations over 25 years. Mine never reverts on it's own. If you would want to discuss, PM me offline. I still ride about 2000 miles a year, so it is not the end of activity, just a minor/major inconvenience depending on the case.