View Single Post
Old 04-25-16, 05:38 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
This is not a good comparison. The guy running the coolest is a horrible individual, not too many people are at his level.

Here's my honest opinion, I wish Peter would have zoomed into the hinges and explained more in his video's or documented more. However I feel he has good character/energy, so I consider it a fair investment with high probability of success. The exchange rate between the US dollar and Canadian dollar brought my cost down to around $1000, so the investment was lower than expected....however I believe that increased risk by a similar factor ( since component prices were most likely quoted in a currency exchanged with USD not Canadian ).

The fact that they inspected/tested each component means this is going to delayed way past any schedule. FYI I consider this wonderful news, since they are being meticulous. I do not expect my 10sp model before July/August.

Please understand a delay does not mean dishonest or improper. I knew when I bought it the schedule was unrealistic ( due to component ordering ), and there will be no bikes without the components.

Thanks,
Yan
I think the inventor played his cards (and still is) very close to his chest. He claimed several of the folder's fittings are innovations that are in the process of being patented. As such, he can not make the details public at least until patent applications have been submitted. Another reason he mentioned was to keep the competition in the dark, some of whom would not be stopped by patent laws.

Al very reasonable sounding arguments but the lack of regular comms is inexcusable. His explanation for that is he doesn't want to drip feed the info, but have one big reveal.