Old 02-21-10, 07:04 AM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swwhite
I do like to use that reasoning now and then on anyone who asks (no one does). I get up in the morning and do about 40 minutes of bike riding for exercise, and suddenly I find myself at work.
Originally Posted by The Human Car
When I was in Annapolis someone asked me how long it took me to get there and I said "No time at all." What do you mean? "Well I went to the gym before this and when I was done I was here."
Exactly. I keep telling people that this my exercise and I actually enjoy it most of the time. And those few nasty days when I don't enjoy it, well... it becomes a habit after a while, an addiction and it makes my day when people think that I'm nuts I'd sometimes make silly faces or twitch Lucky though, a lot of people ride to work here, there are lost of foreigners here from other continents and for them there is nothing weird about cycling to work.

So yeah, an hour on mass transit (or in a car) is time wasted, time not enjoyed, I gain nothing from that. The same time on a bike is not wasted. That's how I look at it.

Adam