View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 09:26 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
Droppers make any bike better for trail riding. 1990 Rigid, 2000 Hardtail, or 2020 FS bike, Wide flat bar, drop bar, any of these will benefit.

The main issue is going to be if you have enough room to run one. How much seat post do you have exposed when the seat is all the way up?

Your bike is fine to ride on real trails. Put a 750mm bar and short on that and you will have a more capable bike than I what was riding in the late 90s on the same trails people are now riding modern FS bikes on.... I was just slower.
It may be fine to ride on real trails. The question then becomes is it enjoyable when compared to what's available on the market right now? Obviously something is amiss about this bike the way it is because the OP is asking about upgrades to make the riding experience more enjoyable. I guess if a person has never been on a newer bike for comparison purposes then "you don't know what you don't know."

If he has a bad back as claimed...the best thing he could do is get something with a little more squish that is easier on the body.