Old 12-23-21, 03:12 PM
36Chambers

Bikes: M4 Stumpjumper, 1993 trek 520, soma stanyan, Miyata pro, 1980 bob jackson, 1985 schwinn tempo,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
That's a beautiful bike! So well executed, it's a pleasure to peruse the details. Your choice of saddle, bars, and pedals was spot-on. Your decision to leave the crank alone, rather than doing the full blackout treatment, really makes this bike stand out. I feel the need to build a black city bike now... thanks?
DQ, thank you. I stared at the bike for hours before I did anything. It did take two tries. I had it with drop bars originally with cantilever brakes and ultegra sti shifters on it. Only problem is, I have another bike with drop bars and it is my favorite ride. This was not going to get any love because it did not provide any more utility than this other one. I like having a bike for all occasions. So it was a search for the right bars and I wanted v brakes. I also love thumb shifters because they are so easy to use and relatively low maintenance. also it is different, and I am hoping the variety will help me ride it more. I, like many here, have a bike addiction. Feels good knowing others see the quality it the set up. thanks again.