View Single Post
Old 05-15-20, 10:06 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3455 Post(s)
Liked 1,454 Times in 1,133 Posts
Originally Posted by pinholecam
I have just gone for another custom Ti breakaway all road bike.
Again the needs are niche which is why I have gone for custom.
Ritchey Breakaway system for a smaller box for flights, All Road bike specification to cater for all sorts of roads I encounter during a tour and of course something that fits my diminutive size.
Just curious, does Ritchey license their Break-Away system to other builders or are you getting a custom bike from Ritchey?

I got a Raleigh Grand Prix two years ago with the Ritchey Break-Away system, I assumed that Raleigh licensed with Ritchey but later a bike shop manager that had sold several of those Raleighs told me that Ritchey made the frames for Raleigh.

FYI, if you are not aware, you will want to have a torque wrench for the lower coupling. A torque wrench did not come with mine, I had to e-mail Ritchey to ask what to torque setting to use.