Old 07-07-20, 12:08 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
Project Rudy had a 50% off sale around thanksgiving and I really thought hard getting a last year’s model with chromatic lenses but passed. I still think perhaps I should have gotten them.

I’m a bit of enigma to myself when it comes to this. My eyes are sensitive to bright light, but I don’t like and can’t handle dark sunglasses for prolonged duration.

I wear them religiously for eye protection purposes when riding and I settled on orange/yellow/mango colored lenses. Clear enough to wear 5:15 in the morning when riding to work and bordering manageable for bright sun around 4:00 in the afternoon when I’m heading back home. I’d like to try chromatic lenses but the higher the UV exposure, the darker they get (plus they tend to be more efficient in low temperatures) and it was/is the thing I don’t like about them on my transitions prescription eye glasses. They get disturbingly dark in the winter time and then don’t get light enough quickly when your indoors.
I've rarely regretted buying a decent set of glasses on sale.

If you can get your hands on them, take a peep through some Oakley Prizm Road lenses (there are a few versions, now, but I have only used/owned the plain ol' 'Road') - they're not terribly dark, but take the edge off of bright sun. If those are still too dark, I think that the Prizm Trail are made for MTBers that ride in shade more frequently.
Likes For WhyFi: