Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Ugh. I mean, I can live with it, but I'm just thinking about the experience from my kids' perspective. That, and the affect on the economy if the hopes of turning a corner is kicked further down the road.
I do wonder how it compares (stress-wise; the lack of going to school is different) to growing up during the Cold War with duck-and-cover, the Korean and Vietnam wars and their drafts and protests, polio, and the other massive issues faced in the past century that I brought up with AG a month or two ago but can't remember now. The last couple of decades (up until... something happened maybe three and a half years ago) were an era of vaccines, antibiotics, no draft, no soldiers in the streets either integrating Alabama or shooting students, and relative prosperity. That was the anomaly, not the standard. Unfortunately.

And yeah, I keep meaning to move my 401k into mostly bonds for a while. I don't think there's going to be meaningful (non-illusory/ non-bubble) gains for a while. The only advantage is we're starting to get ideas of what can be done, and what has to be done, and the jobs that can be done are going to be done and remotely. And as always, the marginalized people are going to be hit worst.
Likes For Bah Humbug: