BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11969 Post(s)
Liked 6,646 Times in 3,483 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I think that there's also a difference between being in relative proximity and actually handling common objects. If my kid wants to go for bike ride around the park with a friend, I'm fine with that, but tossing a football back and forth? Nah. Same with baseball and basketball - people wipe their faces all the time, and then the ball gets passed around; just cut to the chase and lick each other's phones, why don't ya?
Precisely. League officials wanted no part of playing this season, and in the face of mounting opposition the commish retired. So a new organization was formed by some of the hotheads. The suggested precautions were so lame and unenforceable as to confirm they were just a bunch of delusionists*. A couple of good friends are playing, and a couple more like me aren't. God bless 'em. By the time you reach 70 and 80 you're supposed to have wisdom enough to restrain whatever lingering testosterone you may still have.

* you heard this new word here first.