sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by NTX_Cycler
What's included in the bundles? In most bundles that I've seen, a HRM is included, but I don't want one (at least not the one included in the bundles). From a base unit to base unit perspective, are they similarly priced? They should be pretty close.

The Wahoo and the Garmin 520 for just the head unit is the same price pretty much everyplace. $249-$260. when you put in the HR bundle in Wahoo it goes up to about $330 or so. I paid $60 for the newer HR strap for my Garmin 520. The prices are about the same, but I can see the liking for the Wahoo no doubt. I just wont swap out my Garmin until it dies, $250 is a good amount of money really and not going to throw it around just becuase a new unit comes out. They are cool though but I do like my Garmin a lot. And when they move on from the 520 to the 530 or whatever the 520's will be really discounted then too.

I am a Garmin fan, but wouldn't be apposed to the Bolt, its getting great review from everyone. I don't think you will go wrong with either unit. Garmin has one thing though you can customize the display and what it can do from the Garmin connect store. They are all free too. Bolt can't do that yet....